GENERAL BENEFITS OF YOGA
Yoga is an integrated practice which brings about a balance of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of self.
Hatha Yoga approaches this goal through the practice of Asanas (postures), Pranayama (energy control through breathing exercises), and Savasana (deep yoga relaxation). Yoga is non-competitive. Each student progresses at her/his own pace.
- High blood pressure, back pain, headaches, stress and tension can be alleviated.
- Flexibility and muscle tone are improved, internal organs massaged and stimulated.
- The cardio-vascular system, the nervous system and the respiratory system are strengthened.
- The endocrine system is brought into balance and the digestive system is regulated.
- The immune system is strengthened increasing the body's ability to resist disease.
- The body is brought to optimum health.
The student experiences improved health, greater energy and a sense of inner peace and well being. This helps to develop personal growth and a realization of the potential within.